These were delicious! And, so easy! AND, made great leftovers!
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green or poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch ancho or Mexican chile powder, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
- reduced fat sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with chile powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin
Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil. To grill the onions and peppers outside on the grill, use a cast iron skillet and grill covered over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Or, to cook them indoors, you can use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes, covered until the onions and peppers are soft.
Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board when done and cut into strips. Once cooked, combine with the peppers and onions. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, cheese and toppings.
Makes 4 cups chicken and vegetables.