ATTENTION :: KID FRIENDLY AND VERY MUCH APPROVED!
No-Bake Energy Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 20 balls
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs and/or raisins(optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20