Classic Hummus Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2-3 cups spread
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2-3 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup water (or the leftover chickpea juice from the can) optional toppings:
- more olive oil, chopped fresh Italian-leaf parsley, paprika (or smoked paprika), and/or toasted pine nuts
Add first seven ingredients (chickpeas thru salt/pepper) to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Add in the water (or chickpea juice) and continue blending until it reaches your desired consistency.
Garnish with optional toppings, and serve or refrigerate.