My body aches all over.
I'm fighting a cold...I can feel it. ICK. I'm pumping my body full of vitamins right now, and thinking most any kind of soup sounds delicious...
We had a cool and rainy day here a couple days ago and this soup hit the spot! Warm, creamy and delicious! We served it with leftover chicken quesadillas loaded with spinach and kale.
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
From The Fresh 20 by Melissa Lanz
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, stems and florets chopped
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a 5-quart dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender about 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the broth and bring the soup to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor in batches and puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot, bring to a simmer and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Just before serving, fold in the cheese.